Financing options for long term care and residential retirement living is dependent upon the level of care and services required or requested.
- Generally, long term nursing care including memory care is paid for either privately, by long term care private insurance, or by Medicaid if applicable.
- Veteran’s benefits may also be available for U.S. veterans for long term nursing care.
- Short term skilled nursing and rehabilitation is generally ordered by a physician and may be covered by Medicare or private insurance if requirements are met.
- Assisted living accepts private long term care insurance or is private pay.
- Independent living is also private pay.